Listen to Senator Duane's Podcast!
In each episode, Senator Duane discusses a different issue that affects the 29th Senate District in Manhattan. It is a way for Senator Duane to keep in touch with his constituents, and let them know about issues going on around the district and up in Albany. Much like his written community board reports, newsletters and his TV show on the Manhattan Neighborhood Network, this is just one more way for him to communicate with you.
Compared by City Hall News to a segment on National Public Radio, Senator Duane's podcast is produced by Legislative Aide Adam Riff.
- Special Episode: "History of Castle Clinton": In conjunction with the 5th Annual OpenHouseNewYork Weekend, Senator Duane recorded this special podcast following the history of Castle Clinton, from its 19th century origins as a defense against the British Navy, through its many diverse uses to its current use as a unique public space.
- The Pridecast: Senator Duane brings listeners with him to one of his favorite summer activities: marching with a cheering contingent in the annual New York City Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride March.
- The Problem of Illegal Hotels: An exploration of the "illegal hotels" that are proliferating in much of Manhattan.
- Minority Power: Senator Duane's strategies for getting things done as a member of the minority party in the New York State Senate.
- It's a Waste: A visit to a waste transfer facility, like the one proposed for Gansevoort Peninsula in the Hudson River Park.
To subscribe to Senator Duane's podcast with your favorite RSS feeder, copy and paste the following link to a podcasting tool: